It's almost official, Brendan Rodgers will leave Swansea to become the next Liverpool manager. After Kenny Dalglish's sacking a lot of names have been writen all over the newspapers. A lot of speculation and a lot of interest in revealing the name, but for a short time papers assured they had the man: Roberto Martínez, Wigan Athletic's coach.
But finally it's been Swansea's manager the one in charge of changing Liverpool reputation.
But... what do we know about him?
Who is Brendan Rodgers?
- 1973: Born 26 January in Carnlough, Northern Ireland
- 1987: Begins career as a defender with Ballymena United
- 1990: Joins Reading as a teenager before being forced to retire through injury. Remains as a coach
- 2004: Jose Mourinho appoints Rodgers as Chelsea youth team manager
- 2006: The Blues promote him to reserve team manager
- 2008: Joins Watford
- June 2009: Returns to Reading to replace Steve Coppell
- December 2009: Leaves by mutual consent after a bad start
- July 2010: Returns to management with Swansea
- May 2011: Guides the Swans to promotion via play-offs
- May 2012: Leads Swansea to 11th in their first Premier League campaign
Reputation preceeds him, with fans like Jose Mourinho saying things like this about him: "I like everything in him. He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself. He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate"
But what do we supporters think about the new elected manager??
Do you want to participate in this section?
If you already are a member, enter / log in
If you are not registered in liverpoolsite.com:Register FOR FREE